Thursday, May 17, 2012

Willamette Valley South OV/GOR

Boy was this a busy day. Having an Official Visit on a holiday is one thing, but having an official visit on a holiday that also happens to be my dad's birthday is quite another. We began the morning with a 5K. It was my first 5K where I attempted to run and it went pretty well. I started my pace off too fast so I had to spend a good part of the middle chunk walking but I ran some of it and I was happy to finish because it was only halfway through the 5K training program that I am working on. After some food and a short break to get cleaned up it was off to the Official Visit. This was quite a fun one. There was a leprechaun there and everything. I wish I had worn a green dress so that I could blend in more. The addendum was quite an adventure, I had to sing, beat box, and hop at one point, but I had the best helpers anyone could ask for so it all worked out pretty well. I was happy to honor Naomi and Morgan to fantastic Grand Officers from a great Assembly. It also instills in me a lot of pride to see the growth in St. Mary's Assembly. They are strong and rocking now and will only get stronger as the years continue. It was very clever and a very fun time. I am also grateful to this district because I was able to open up during my remarks and discuss my faith which is not something I often discuss and I am happy that I was able to share it with everyone. Oregon Rainbow means so much to me and their love and support has really made this year the best summer ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment