Thursday, May 17, 2012

Metro East OV/GOR

I would like to start by saying that I don't play outdoor lawn games, like ever. So I don't really know the name of the game that we played, I feel especially bad because I know they told me, since I kept saying Bocce Ball over and over again. I'm sure I sounded extremely silly, and I know I looked especially silly when Mrs. Noah was far ahead of me. The upside though, was that I got to wear a black plastic cape, and I am of the opinion that capes make everything better no matter what The Incredibles say. It was wonderful to have Demolay visitors with us that day. I am always excited when the Masonic youth are able to attend each others events and learn more about their organizations. I have been trying throughout this year to get to know the boys of Demolay and the girls of Job's Daughters and the lessons of their organizations. I was happy to honor all of the Grand Officers, Metro East is such a fantastic district because its has members who are older and more experienced role models, and younger members who have just joined or been members for a year or two. Dynamics like this allow for growth in the assemblies and from the girls. When an older girl has the chance to mentor a younger girl through the experiences and some of the unknowns that come with joining a new organization it gives the young girl confidence and makes her more comfortable to help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment